Thursday, January 12, 2017

Mature Singles and Meeting New People

Greetings!

Thanks for stopping by. Really, I thank you because it has been a long while since I last posted here.

Publicizing my intention on Facebook to blog more frequently is the reason I did not put off posting yet again.

This post is about meeting new people when you've been alive for 35 plus years. Many mature singles live in different cities, states, and countries from where they have familial relations due to work and having relocated with a former companion, or for whatever other reason.

Mature singles meet others at work all the time but when most people are married and have plans with their spouse and kids, it's not easy to find people who are available for doing fun things with during your downtime. Luckily, all is not lost because there are many ways to connect with others who share your single status, downtime-free lifestyle.

For finding platonic friendships--and possibly romance, if you're open to it--below are several ways to meet people who might like to join you for playing cards, dining out, going hiking, or whatever it is you're interested in:

1) Volunteer. You can volunteer to man stations for sporting events. Some people volunteer at libraries and museums. Organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer Match, and many others will be grateful for your time and effort.

2) Join a club. Joining a club that offers something you're interested in is a great way to network and enjoy your downtime. Whether it's a writing club, toastmaster's club, running club, or something else, you'll get to socialize outside of the workplace. And for entrepreneurs (including author-entrepreneurs), participating in a club that interests you will expand the number of people who might want your services/products.

3) Search Online. In most cities, the website Meetup.com is available for you to find groups that are interested in a wide variety of topics. It was on Meetup.com that I found out where to go for dance lessons in my local area. Speaking of dancing, I need to return to the classes soon. Fortunately, I have been busy following the above advice I'm dishing out so I have to find time for it in my schedule again.

I've named 3 easy ways to expand your social life. I know it's not easy putting yourself in new situations with new people, but if you'll remember that the people you are looking for are looking for you, too, will help you relax.

Take a look at my short YouTube video for inspiration regarding single women and dating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRC8_m_EVg

My book, Rhonda's Quest for Romance is available here: https://www.amazon.com/K.G.-T./e/B01B14UT5Y/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1484265215&sr=1-1

Best wishes for each person's optimal health and wellness!
Kaja Green-Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment