Friday, April 7, 2017

Making Life Changes After Forty

Greetings Dear Reader!

During April 2017, I will be writing here about making life changes in your life after forty. Next month I'm turning forty-two, and you know what? I don't mind so it really doesn't matter!At one point I dreaded telling my age, but these days instead of caring about how many years old I am, I care about the life in my years.
 
Whether you are twenty-two, forty-two, or sixty-two, or beyond, as an adult you get to CHOOSE, DECIDE what you focus on and DETERMINE what actions you take.Unless you are behind bars, you are free to spend your minutes, hours, days the way you want.
 
Recently, a life change I made is returning to university for my master's degree.  I started towards a master's degree in my late thirties, but had to put it off for personal reasons. Fortunately, I felt compelled to restart my journey to earning a master's degree and I got accepted into the University of Wisconsin where I am already signed up for classes for the Fall 2017 semester.
 
If you are thinking about returning to school or starting some endeavor (fitness competitions, a business, a family, a new relationship, joining a community sports team, taking martial arts classes, learning a new language, how to play an instrument, or whatever else) after age forty, please do yourself a huge favor and go for it!
 
Remove mental limits from yourself. You may feel nervous, apprehensive, or little anxious when you make a change in your life, but be brave and do it anyway. As soon as you take that first step, that initial action, applaud yourself, pat yourself on the back, for having courage to improve your quality of life or take on a new endeavor.
 
As I return to university, I will be sure to get involved in some worthwhile university function. While I was getting my undergraduate degree, I was involved in the Health Promotion Club on campus and Toastmasters International in the community. Currently, I am involved in a wonderful Toastmasters club again and I will look for an opportunity to be involved with campus life as well even though I also work outside the home and write. I share this to encourage you to get out there and make the changes you fantasize about. Dreams can only become a reality through persistent action while being patient with your progress. 
 
Your life is just that--YOURS. Unless you are expected to die tomorrow, you might as well pursue your goals as if you will live to one-hundred, while incorporating love in your life as if you just might die at any moment.
 
I hope this post encourages you to make some positive life changes regardless of being forty-plus-years-old.
 
Here's a book about a group of women of different ages and races who made life changes when facing relationship woes: https://www.amazon.com/Hooray-He-Cheated-K-G-T-ebook/dp/B01B1PDVJY/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8
 
Best wishes for your optimal health and wellness!
Kaja Green-Tovar :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment