Friday, April 25, 2014

Lend An Ear To A Caregiver

Greetings Dear Reader!

Today's post is inspired by a tweet from Project Eve about caring for caregivers.

One of the first tips in their article was to offer help to a caregiver as they may not always ask for it.

 
Very recently I spoke with a close friend who is caregiver to a parent w/ a form of dementia. My friend talked about movies, repairs he was making to an old sports car, and wood-chipping(?). I don't know much about car repairs (yes, I'm that kind of woman), nor do I know much about wood-chipping. But, I do know how to lend an ear.

My friend does not want for anything but the occasional normal conversation. I was glad to be of help. Remember: Help is help. Big or small in amount, it's still HELP.

Help a caregiver by listening. If you are the caregiver, then help yourself by reaching out and talking with a friend.

Here's the link to the blog post by Project Eve:
http://gettingbalance.com/who-takes-care-of-the-caregiver/?utm_content=buffer27a52&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Best wishes for our (yours and mine) optimal health and wellness,
Kaja Green-Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment