Friday, April 4, 2014

My Attempt to Write 3OK Words

Greetings Dear Reader!

Thanks for stopping by! I am now providing an update on the 30K words I attempted to write over the last weekend.

I made the attempt; however, I got in over 14K words, but not 30K. Being the resilient and positive person that I CHOOSE to be, I decided to focus on the following:

1) I set a goal, which provided me with a sense of purpose and direction.

2) I set a goal that was SMART:
    Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Reachable (for some people), & Time-wise.

3) Had I not set such a high goal to complete a 30K words, I probably would have written even less than 14K words.

Remember that sayings that goes something like the following: The higher the aim, the higher the reach; the lower the aim, the lower the reach. And then we all know that if you reach for nothing, you GET nothing!

Learned some things in the process of trying to write 30K words and I liked how nice I was to myself. I will continue to set goals. By the way, this weekend I published 2 short stories under a pen name. After uploading the 2 short stories, I walked 5 miles around the park below:


Set a goal for yourself. Reach for something and you'll get something. Reach for nothing and... well, just re-read this post.

Best wishes for our (yours and mine) optimal health and wellness,
Kaja Green-Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment