Thursday, May 15, 2014

How I Won An Argument!

Greetings Dear Reader!

Recently I won a disagreement by "giving in". Okay wait! Before you click and go away, understand that I really did win by giving in.

You see, an associate wanted the same thing I wanted but we argued over how to get the end result.  I was annoyed because their way was going to take longer than necessary.  However,  I realized this individual was NOT willing to cave just as I wasn't.  Then I took a nice walk. While I was walking, I came to the realization, thankfully sooner rather than later, that "someone" would have to give in to stay on track with meeting our goal.
Once I acknowledged what would be lost if we continued arguing to get our own way, I knew what I had to do.

I met with the person I had the disagreement with & said,  "Look. We both want the same thing. We need to make a decision so let's do it your way so we can accomplish our goal."

And guess what? We no longer have an issue.  I will still get the end result I was aiming for. So really we BOTH won! Winning is winning & it's always sweeter when each person is satisfied.

I hope this helps you in any disagreement you encounter if it applies.  Now go be a winner!

Best wishes for our (yours and mine) optimal health & wellness,
Kaja Green-Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment