Monday, May 19, 2014

Replace Thoughts Of Worry

Greetings Dear Reader!

Today's tip to help you diminish or do away with worrying is to:

Replace thoughts of worry with an activity or a different thought.

The above tip is simple and effective. Replacing thoughts of worry does not mean you stop caring. It just means that you take a time-out and get some mental rest from the situation you are fretting about.

Here's an example:
Let's say you worry because you're late for work. Replace your thoughts of worrying about being late with something like the following:

Replacement Thought #1: "I am late, but I when I get to work I will be very productive."

Replacement Thought #2: "I am late for my dinner date, but I will drive safely and arrive in good spirits!"

Feel free to leave a replacement thought in the comments section.

Remember: Helpful tips for overcoming worrying will be provided here for the remainder of May 2014!

Best wishes for our (yours and mine) optimal health and wellness!
Kaja Green-Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment