Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Twitter Is So Much Fun

Greeting Dear Readers,

I have to tell you that it took me a long while to jump on the social media/networking bandwagon. For quite some time I walked on the dirt road of emails-only and watched all the people in the wagons made of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others pass me by.

I thought it was just too much work to squeeze in with all those people, and it just seemed so intricate trying to decide which wagon would fit best. The Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest wagons? So many choices (or wagons... a.k.a. social media venues) to navigate.

But you know what? Once I rode some of the wagons, I didn't miss my little dirt road anymore. I do not watch television (no, you don't need to pat me on the back; I've already done it!). Instead of the t.v. I prefer to get my news from the internet. This way I get to pick and choose what I want, when I want it. Don't get me wrong, I still like the comic sections, word games, and lifestyle sections of Sunday newspapers. Anyway, I digress. Well, while not being a television viewer, I am kept abreast of what's going on (what's trending) via social media.

 It (social media/networking) is very much apart of how we exist today. Don't be shy, give social media a try. Be sure to protect your identity and personal information if that is what is stopping you.
For the most part it's all pretty safe. You get to decide what you will or will not share with the public. You can maintain discretion via your privacy settings.

For a better quality of life, please keep up with the world around you. Stay connected and know what resources are available to you. God bless technology and let all the users say amen.

Best wishes for our (yours and mine) optimal health and wellness,
Kaja Green-Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment