Saturday, March 4, 2017

Better Body Image Regardless of Your Age of Size!

Greetings Dear Reader!

Do you want to feel better about your body? We ALL have days (be it rarely or frequently) when we complain about how our body looks, how our clothes fit, or how we want to be thinner or more voluptuous.
 
Fortunately, you can have a better body image regardless of your age or clothing size! Body image is the way you see yourself and how you think and imagine you look. Luckily, you can boost your body image. You will have a better body image if you do the following:
 
1) Be grateful for even having a body! Yes, you read that right. Be grateful for having a body because someone somewhere is or has become a quadriplegic and can't do the things you can with your body. Be grateful if you can walk, hold yourself up on crutches, or roll yourself in wheelchair. Basically, be grateful for what your body can do!
 
2) Talk nicely to your body parts! No, I'm not crazy. At least not certifiably. When I was in my twenties and gained a lot of weight, I used to complained about my body when I looked in the mirror. But once I decided to be grateful for even having a body, I intentionally stood in front of the mirror and said nice things to my body parts.
I would look at my now slender, toned thighs--which were not slender at that time--and say, "I like that my thighs are strong."; "I like how my thighs play a part in me walking and jogging." I would say to my stomach, "I like that you can digest food without a feeding tube." I would look at my stretch marks and say, "Wow! You carried a beautiful baby in there!" I could cover this whole page with all the nice things I said--and still say--to myself but for the sake of efficiency, I won't.
 
3) Exercise and eat well. When you take time to exercise your body and strive to eat well (at least most of the time), you feel better about your body--how it looks and feel. This is because you are doing something to take care of it, to improve it. Taking action feels good and is good, which is why exercising and making healthy food choices boosts your body image. 

So, go ahead do all three of the above to get a better body image regardless of your age or current clothing size!

Have a great rest of your day or evening, and best wishes for your optimal health and wellness!
~Kaja Green-Tovar~

No comments:

Post a Comment