Friday, March 17, 2017

Thanks to Exercise, You Can Handle A Full Schedule!

Greetings Dear Reader!

I worked out for 3 hours at the gym on Wednesday, March 15th. The following day, I only worked out for an hour because it was all my schedule allowed for. On Thursday, I had a very active schedule. After the gym, I got dressed and went to a Toastmasters meeting where I gratefully won the Best Evaluator ribbon. I did my best at Toastmasters without thinking of winning. However, it was fun as always and I'm grateful whenever I'm awarded a ribbon for performing well during my speeches. I know for sure that exercise helps with my ability to be front and center in front of an audience. 

During this week, thanks to exercise, I was able to cope with everything I had going on. Without the flow of endorphins, which results from exercising, I might have felt drained, annoyed, frazzled with all that I had going on. Thankfully, instead of 'woe-is-me' thoughts, I was able to maintain positive and peaceful perspectives. I was able to be RESILIENT!

Thanks to exercise, I was able to be fully present at Toastmasters, get some necessary shopping done afterwards, have coffee with an acquaintance in one city, and then drive to another nearby city--without feeling tired--and have dinner with a close friend from my Air Force days.

Exercise requires ENERGY; and energy in motion, stays in motion! This is why when we exercise we can handle a lot more activity, a fuller schedule, than we can handle without it.

Therefore, dear reader, do yourself the favor of incorporating routine exercising into your schedule. By doing so, you, too, may handle whatever comes your way.

Best wishes for your optimal health and wellness!
Kaja Green-Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment