Wednesday, February 26, 2014

You Are A Human Being; Not A Garbage Disposal

After having lunch at a restaurant this afternoon, I was closing out my ticket when the server asked, "Don't you want to take that (left-over food) with you? After all," she continued, "you paid for it."

I smiled and politely declined.

Her concern was nice, but... we should not feel that we have to eat everything on our plates just because it's there. We are human beings, not garbage disposals. I know, waste not - want not. I agree - to a certain extent.

We should not deliberately be wasteful, but the portion sizes served in that particular restaurant was more than I needed. I ate enough to fuel my body and left the rest. Sure, I could have saved the rest for later but I knew that I was not going to have any more of that particular meal.

We must not give in to storing extra calories on our skeletal frame. Only consume what is needed to fuel the body and function at an optimal level.

I feel more concerned about storing too many calories on the only body vehicle provided for my soul in this lifetime, than leaving food on a plate because excessive serving sizes. 

Remember: "Eat to live, not live to eat."

Best wishes for our (yours and mine) optimal health and wellness,
Kaja Green-Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment